In our highly mobile society the introduction of new types of infectious disease is a key issue affecting the health and productivity of citizens as well as the efficiency and economics of the public and private sector of a city or region.
Innovative electronic surveillance systems (based on Big Data, Social Streaming, Open Data) Syndromic surveillance is the collection and analysis of medical and many other types of data to detect or predict and manage the outbreak of diseases caused by natural or man-made factors (bio-terrorism). Today there is a network of local, regional, national and international government entities that maintain and coordinate syndromic surveillance amongst themselves in order to protect the health and well-being of citizens. While global Pandemic Management is coordinated by national and international organizations, the actual monitoring, detection and management of the outbreak of infectious diseases starts at the local level (cities). Every major city or regional government must manage syndromic surveillance across many departments within the public sector, the private sector and its citizens. This software outlines the monitoring, detection and management of an outbreak of a new flu virus in a Big Data Contest. The platform are developed to improve early detection of outbreaks attributable to biologic terrorism or other causes.
Visualization The analysis and simulation models is based on the following features:
1)Advanced 2D geomap It is a 2D map with an high level interaction interface. The primary differences from a standard 2D map are:
- can be used a set of multimedia and animated point elements (images, dynamic controls, video streamings, chards, KPI indicators, etc..);
- as analysis instrument, the map can be highlighted by additional color-based layers;
- can be added interactive elements on the map;
- interactive dashboard layers can overlap the map.
2)Advanced 3D geomap
- The platform support the dynamic texture generation and the ability to map in the 3D world 2D elements (icons, dynamic controls, etc..).
- As important element of the analytical process, the dashboard has a primary rule.
4) Social Stream Data
- Citizen Sentiment Analysis.